Aviation Maintenance Technician
Part of obtaining your Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) license is taking the various knowledge tests. There are three knowledge tests for the AMT qualification: General, Airframe and Powerplant and PrepareToTest can help you practice for all three.
The General exam covers some of the core mathematical concepts you will need as an AMT. The Airframe exam goes into the details of aircraft structures and the avionics while the Powerplant exam deals with propulsion – engines and their related systems.
You can prepare for the knowledge test using this site by practicing the actual FAA questions as often as you like until you are confident that you are ready to pass. This site will also benefit you beyond the knowledge test because taking practice tests is a proven way to help you remember the material you have spent so much time learning. Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- We stay up to date with all the questions that the FAA makes available.
- You can browse the whole question pool, review the correct answers.
- You can practice by topic or take full exams from the whole question pool.
- The site tracks your performance for each question, allowing you to customize the tests to focus on areas in which you need more practice.
- All figures are provided including high resolution, ‘zoomable’ sectional and en route charts.
- Online scientific calculator and whizz-wheel E6B for calculations.
- Email your results to your instructor so they can see your progress.
By joining PrepareToTest you get more than just the test prep, we also provide:
- Tips and techniques to improve your learning skills
- A growing collection of links to top notch aviation educational material online.
- Downloadable FAA manuals and handbooks.
- FAA safety videos from aviators such as Patty Wagstaff and Dick Rutan.
You are going to be flying for many years to come, use PrepareToTest to:
- Stay current with your core aviation knowledge.
- Get a head start on future certificates and ratings by studying the material in a familiar environment.
- Track your recurrent training to ensure you stay sharp on airspace, regulations, weather and more.
- Use the training and educational links as your own personal reference library that keeps on growing.
I certainly hope that you will find this site meets your needs, if you’d like to give us a try its a one time cost of $20 for each of the various AMT exams. If at any point you are unhappy with your decision – let me know and you will get a full 100% refund.
Additional Information and Links for AMTs
- FAA AMT General Question Pool (PDF)
- FAA AMT Airframe Question Pool (PDF)
- FAA AMT Powerplant Question Pool (PDF)
- Aviation Mechanic General, Airframe, and Powerplant knowledge test guide (PDF)
- AMT General, Airframe and Powerplant computer testing supplement (PDF)
- AMT General Practical Test Standards (PDF)
- AMT Airframe Practical Test Standards (PDF)
- AMT Powerplant Practical Test Standards (PDF)
- Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook – General (multiple PDFs)
- Aviation Maintenance Handbook — General — Addendum/Human Factors (PDF)
- FAA-H-8083-31, AMT Handbook-Airframe Volume 1 (PDF)
- FAA-H-8083-31, AMT Handbook-Airframe Volume 2 (PDF)
- FAA-H-8083-32, AMT Handbook-Powerplant Volume 1 (PDF)
- FAA-H-8083-32, AMT Handbook-Powerplant Volume 2 (PDF)